Sunday, June 21, 2009
I drew these characters way back in my Creature Design class, but didn't get around to coloring them until quite recently. The initial project was to do a twist on the Jungle Book, and I chose to do an Australian theme. I water colored them to keep up with practicing that technique, and chose the color pallet as I went along (based off of some cool Aboriginal art I collected along the way). Although I like how the colors turned out individually, I wish they were more united as a group of characters...some planning ahead would have helped. However, as an experimental piece, I have to say it was quite fun anyways.