Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Orca drowns men on Lake Bennett














This is the current piece I'm working on for A Klondike Tale. I'm about 1/2 way done with the rendering of it, so hopefully I'll have that posted soon as well.

In a last ditch effort to stop the Klondikers from continuing on to the mine fields that are rapidly destroying the land, he disguises himself as one of their boats that cross the lake, which is the headwaters to the Yukon River. Time is of the essence for the men because winter is setting in, and the waters are beginning to freeze up. As they're crossing, Orca transforms himself back into a whale, drowning the men.

2 comments:

Jeff Smith said...

Very nice to see you working and posting on A Klondike Tale once again. Are there any new developments for a possible film version? I can dream.

Jeff Smith

Shelley Whiting said...

I love this picture. It's very trippy and free forming. Beautiful and unique work. Love the blue.